Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The ultimate "going green"

Hey friends. I've been thinking lately about the whole "green" living thing. I'm all for it, don't get me wrong. I love using less, recycling, eating healthier and more whole, and being responsible with God's creation. But sometimes I'm afraid that I lose sight of the fact that one day I will be a NEW CREATION. Romans 8 talks about the future Christians (those who believe that God sent his son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross for their sins - a punishment that he did not deserve but we did - so that you and I could spend eternity in heaven with him) have and the hope of new bodies and a new life in Heaven. It's amazing! I am sorry that I lose my focus and spend more time finding ways to be "greener" and not spending time finding ways to be more Christ-like. Living like God teaches us in his Word is the ultimate way to be "green." My friends, lets be intentional about living our lives according to the Scriptures. After all, being "green" is about being whole, being good. Unfortunately, most people don't realize that that's not enough. You cannot be whole or good without God. He is the maker of all things. He completes who we are and is the only "peace" that fills our emptiness. God made all that is green, all that is. He made me. I will live to serve HIM.
Check out this message by Alistair Begg. You'll see what I mean.
P.S. God has given me his love to love others. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate