Saturday, March 23, 2013

Little Balls of Energy

No, I'm not talking about my son or little kids. I'm talking about these No Bake Energy Bites! I stumbled across this recipe while on pinterest (of course:). Here's how I made mine:
1 cup quick cooking oats
1/2 natural peanut butter
1/2 cup flax meal
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup all natural chocolate chips
2 tsp cinnamon

1. Combine wet ingredients (peanut butter and maple syrup).
2. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir.
3. In a medium sized bowl, stir together oats, flax meal, cinnamon, and choco chips.
4. Add wet ingredients and stir until combined.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes
5. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Shape into balls (approx. 12).
7. Keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.



*Note: These are pretty crumbly, although DELISH. Next time I will probably add more maple syrup:) They are filling and healthy! My 2 year old even loved them (and the hubby:)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate