Monday, January 28, 2013

Spinach and Tomato Pizza


This week brings us to Spinach and Tomato Pizza. Who doesn't love a good pizza? I could honestly eat pizza every day, but I do have SOME self-control:)


I used this recipe for the dough, but of course, I did 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 white flour - it gave it a nice hardy flavor and texture.

Ingredients:

1 Tbsp Olive Oil (give or take)
2 tsp Garlic Powder
3 Roma Tomatoes (or your favorite)
2 oz Fresh Spinach
3/4 cup Pizza Sauce (I used Prego's all natural)
8 oz Shredded cheese (Mozzarella) 

Instructions

1. Make dough according to instructions. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. Press or roll dough onto desired pizza pan (use non-stick cooking spray).
3. Brush dough with Olive oil and sprinkle with the garlic powder.
4. Spread sauce evenly. 
5. Layer tomatoes and then spinach. Top with cheese.
6. Bake at 425 F for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is slightly browned.
7. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Great job. This looks delicious. Can't wait to try it. I would love for you to come over to my blog hop and share this and other posts there! I am also your newest follower and hope you will return the favor.
    http://countrifiedhicks.blogspot.com/2013/02/mondays-with-countrified-hicks-blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did link to your blog and checked you out! I am following you now too:) Thanks for the comment! It's appreciated!:)

      Delete

Translate