Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Homemade Adventures....

Split ends? Clearly...


Did you know that you can replace your shampoo and conditioner with baking soda and apple cider vinegar? It's true!

My soon-to-be sister-in-law does this and her hair is gorgeous! I just ran out of shampoo, so I decided to do another homemade adventure!:)

Here are my "before" photos. I will take another set of photos in a few weeks to show you if it really did improve my hair or not.
Frizzy? I think so...
Disregard the toilet paper behind me :) 

To use this method of hair cleansing:

 Place 1-2 teaspoons (depending on length of hair - I used 2 as I have long and thick hair) of baking soda in a glass and add 1 cup of water. Pour onto hair and massage it into scalp and hair. Rinse. 

Then place 1-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar into the same glass and add a cup of water. Pour onto hair, focusing on the shaft and ends. Massage into hair and let sit for 1-2 minutes while you shave your legs or whatever else you do in the shower:) Rinse and viola! 

We shall see if this homemade hair cleanser is worth ditching the store bought stuff for good (I hope it is:)!


2 comments:

Translate