Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Mary did you know?

Luke 1:38 says "And Mary said, 'Behold, I am the servant[a] of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.' And the angel departed from her."

Wow. That's Mary's response to the angel Gabriel after he tells her that she is going to give birth to a son despite being a virgin! Not to mention the fact that this son is the Son of God! I'm just amazed at her faith and maturity - she was most likely a teenager when this happened!

She didn't ask questions. She didn't try to get out of it. She accepted it. She accepted that God's way was best. Why can't I do that more often!?

Oh how I pray for faith like Mary's. I have seen time and time again in my own life that God knows what He's doing and that His ways are good (even when they don't "feel" good), yet I still struggle with completely trusting Him in every area of my life. 

I know one reason is that I do not always pray as I should. Prayer is not about quantity, but quality. It is not about eloquence, but humility and honesty. He cares for you and me.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Prayer is, indeed, about humility and honesty. Recognizing who we are at the feet of a Holy God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I can't wait to read your book!:)

    ReplyDelete

Translate