Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Cold and Cough Home Remedies...

Yesterday I started coughing. It's that time of year!  I ate an entire clove of garlic (covered in honey to make it easier to go down:) and sipped on some lemon water all day. Today I made a tea with nettles, yarrow, and slippery elm. I had Tyndale drink some of this tea too - he likes it! I'm already feeling a little better.

Later today I will be making a "garlic lemonade" to help fight off whatever virus I'm coming down with in my chest/throat.

Garlic is a natural antibiotic that is best eaten raw (for the purpose of fighting illness). Garlic can also be used as a great prevention for colds (I should have done this before I got this cold:)!


Garlic Lemonade

2 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups boiling water
1 lemon (to squeeze)
honey, to taste

1. Mince garlic cloves until very fine
2. Pour 4 cups of boiling water over the cloves (I use a tea pot to steep them) and let stand for 30 min
3. Strain garlic
4. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon into garlic liquid
5. Add honey to taste (honey is good for coughs too!)
Enjoy! You can also add a peppermint leaf to steep with the garlic if you'd like!

Do you have any home remedies for cold/cough season that you can share? Please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate