Thursday, December 13, 2012

He must increase, I must decrease

John 3:30 says 
30 He must increase, but I must decrease. (ESV)
Today is my 4th anniversary. I know that's not very long in the grand scheme of things, but so much has happened in these 4 short years. We got married (in Pennsylvania) and moved 11 hours away (to Kentucky) 2 weeks later. We moved into a 500 sq ft apartment for a year and David got a job working 3rd shift at UPS. Then we moved into another 500 sq ft apartment for another 2 1/2 years. We got pregnant and had a son. We named him Tyndale (after William Tyndale). The husband graduated seminary and got a new job as a pastor. When he was just over a year old we moved 8 hours away from our Kentucky home back up north to Maryland into a house. We've been here for 5 months. Four months ago we got pregnant again. Two months ago our baby was called home to heaven before we got a chance to meet him. We've laughed. We've cried. We've had some hard times and we've had some wonderful times. 

All in all, I am so thankful that God has blessed me with the most wonderful husband and a beautiful son.

I started this post off with John 3:30 because this must be my mindset everyday. I am not simply a wife or simply a mom. I am a representative of Jesus Christ. My desire is that when people look at me they see Christ alone.

1 comment:

  1. Reading your blog is always such an inspiration to me! Congrats to you and David :) May God continue to use your family to minister and to encourage others!

    ReplyDelete

Translate