Meatless Monday is here again and have I got a yummy recipe for you all!
These Spinach Roll Ups are delicious and healthy. I've made these for several different people, and they've all been surprised at how tasty spinach can truly be.
Jacki's Spinach Roll Ups (makes 10)
5 oz fresh or frozen spinach
15 oz ricotta cheese
10 lasagna noodles
2 tsp garlic powder
8 oz Italian cheese blend (I used shredded provolone, mozzarella, and Parmesan)
1 jar of your favorite tomato sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F
2. Cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions
3. Chop spinach (if desired, you can put in a food processor or blender with a little water to get it very fine)
4. In a bowl combine egg, ricotta cheese, 2 oz shredded cheese, garlic powder, and spinach
5. Place a heaping tablespoon of the ricotta mixture onto one noodle at a time. Make sure the ricotta mixture covers the whole noodle (it does not need to be a thick layer). Roll up the noodle and place it into a glass baking dish. Repeat with the remaining noodles.
6. Once all of the noodles have been completed, cover them with sauce and the remaining shredded cheese
7. Bake for 40-50 minutes (depending on how brown you like your cheese, you can cover the dish with foil or a cookie sheet for the first 30 minutes)
8. Eat and enjoy!