Thursday, November 10, 2011

Clearly, I love oatmeal...

So I have ANOTHER oatmeal recipe for you. I just LOVE oats. Seriously, in college, I ate oats at pretty much every meal:) This recipe is baked oatmeal. The inspiration came from this recipe at allrecipes.com. Of course, I had to modify it because it's so much fun to change things up! Here are my tweaks (denoted by an asterisk*):


Ingredients

  • 3 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup coconut milk*
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/ unsweetened applesauce*
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup raisins*

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, mix together oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Beat in milk, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla extract. Stir in raisins. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. 
 I made this while listening to Christmas music and burning a holiday candle:) Nice.

This turned out so yummy! It's best when you pour some warm milk on top (I did use dairy milk on top since I used coconut milk in the recipe, I figured I could get away with a little dairy right? Hopefully my baby boy won't notice it later, hehe:) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate