Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Deliciousness....well, naturally.

Blogs. I have a love hate relationship with blogs. Hate: I think some people take things a little far with rants and raves (I promise I will TRY not to:). Love: loads of helpful information and ideas.  So I decided to start a blog for those of us women who are striving to be faithful females in a culture of unfaithfulness.  My husband is currently a seminary student (yes, that means I still live in a 500 sq ft apartment, quiz him with Greek flashcards at all hours of the day, and named our first son after the first man to translate the Bible into English...). Anywho, I love using my time and money to best honor God by taking care of my family as healthy and naturally as possible. So, to start off this venture I am posting a fantastic recipe I just made. YUMMY. Thanks to http://www.thesweetslife.com/2011/07/banana-oatmeal-breakfast-bars.html. This blog is luscious!

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips
-1/4 cup brown sugar
3 ripe bananas, mashed (approximately 1 cup worth)
1/4 cup peanut butter, melted in the microwave
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract


Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9 x 13 pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. Mix together oats, flour, chocolate chips, brown sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in bananas, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla extract until well combined.
3. Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven. Allow to cool, cut into bars, and store in refrigerator.

I used organic choco chips, organic bananas, all natural peanut butter and cage free eggs in case you were wondering.... Also, I used a glass pan to bake these and added a little more peanut butter because, heck I'm breastfeeding and I can....

 The goods
 Before the scramble
 Potato masher comes to the rescue
 Vanilla on the scene
 Peanut butter baby
 A little salt never hurt...
 Sugar mama
 Whole wheat flour power
 Gimme them oats!
 My favorite ingredient...organic choco chips!

 Before
 After
 It was totally worth the dirty dishes!
 Viola!
This is guiltless pleasure on a plate people....


Enjoy!
Psalm 19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate