Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Falling into fall....

So, as most of you have noticed, fall is arriving! I'm super excited because it is my FAVE time of year. The beautiful leaves, the cool but not too cold weather, pumpkins, sweaters, hot tea, and ALMONDS. It's true, I love me some almonds. So, on behalf of fall I would like to share with you my recipe for starting off the season with deliciousness. Behold: Fall Spiced Almonds a la Manley! Here's the recipe I came up with:

2 cups raw almonds
1 egg white
1 tsp cold water
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar*

*I used Truvia (http://truvia.com/about/) because I try to limit my refined sugar intake. You can use brown sugar, white sugar, agave, or Stevia as well. I've tried all of these except white sugar and they turned out well too. If you use Stevia it has a little different flavor, but they're still tasty:)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
Whisk egg white and water together until frothy. Stir in sugar of choice.
Add almonds and coat well.
Add salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
Toss until almonds are covered well.
Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
Spread almonds on cookie sheet making sure almonds are in a single layer.
Bake for 1 hour stirring every 20 minutes.
Perfection baby!

 Let the games begin!
 Save the yolk for something else
 H2O
 "tru" story...ha couldn't resist...
 Frothy....

 Coat it well
 Pumpkin pie spice anyone?
 Cinnam-yum!
 A little salt never hurt anybody....



A thing of beauty


Let me know if any of you try this and how they work for you. Be creative add something special to make them your own:) Playing with food is fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate