Thursday, September 8, 2011

Words, words everywhere....


 The heavens declare the glory of God,
   and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
 Day to day pours out speech,
   and night to night reveals knowledge.
There is no speech, nor are there words,
   whose voice is not heard.

Read the words above again. REALLY read them. That is the first three verses of Psalm 19. It's one of my favorite psalms from the Bible and I've been meditating on it a lot lately. There are a lot of words in this world. Just think about it. Words are everywhere. It is our main source of communication. Many times we feel we don't have the right words or we don't have enough words or we don't understand the words or our words are empty. In truth, God has given us the Words. The only words we need. His. Unfortunately so many people don't believe these words; don't take the time to read these words; don't want to live these words. These words are life. Without these words we are nothing. Without Christ we are nothing. Without faith in Christ words are meaningless. Life is meaningless. There is no hope apart from Christ. Sure, there are a lot of words that people use in place of His words. They use words such as money, friends, addictions, tv, children, family, boyfriends, girlfriends, homes, cars, phones, e-mail to fill the missing Words in their lives. They lead themselves to believe that the words of others will give them hope; will bring them happiness and yet after all the words given to them they still feel empty. His Words are the fullness of life. His words are true joy. His words are THE words. 

Think about all the words you encounter every day. At work, school, home, via e-mail, text message, phone, websites, magazines, books, blogs, television screens. Do any of these words give life? Do any of these words bring hope? Do any of these words fulfill? 

There is only one, true word and it is the Word of God. Some of you reading this are probably thinking, "oh, great another crazy religious person trying to win me over." Well, you're wrong. I'm not trying to win you over and I'm not crazy. I love you. And I want you to know the truth. So, with my words I will live the Truth. With my words I will honor God. With my words I will share the life He has given me. So go, read His word. Ask me questions. Speak words to Him in prayer. These are my words to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate