Friday, October 21, 2011

Hungry, Hungry Hippo

Do you guys remember that game? Two hippos and one ball. Oh the good ol' days.

Anyway, lately I've been feeling like those hungry hippos.


I made some super yummy chicken chili last night. Dairy free, no sugar added, and mostly organic deliciousness. This is not a spicy recipe as I do not like very spicy things...or should I say spicy things do not like me.
Here's my recipe:

Chicken Chili
1 lb cooked chicken breast
1 tbsp olive oil
1 15 oz can organic white navy beans (drained)
1 15 oz can organic tri-blend beans (i.e. black, kidney, navy beans)(drained)
1 28 oz can organic diced tomatoes (do not drain)
2 cups organic chicken broth
1 tbsp dried parsley
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp dried oregano
2 tsp ground black pepper

1. Cook chicken in olive oil over medium heat.
2. Cube cooked chicken.
3. Place chicken, beans, broth, tomatoes, and seasonings in pot (could also use crockpot on low for 4 hours) and simmer for 30 minutes.


This recipe is so versatile. You could also add more veggies, but I just didn't have anything on hand (i.e. today was grocery day, so.....). Also, normally I would saute onion and garlic, but again, it was the day before grocery day. Ha:)
* The picture above is my husband's bowl. He added sour cream and shredded cheese as any dairy loving man would. I thought it looked better than just my plain bowl, but mine was still delicious:) The cornbread in the picture is homemade, though I'm sad to say it is not very healthy thus I am not posting the recipe (however, I did make it a little healthier by using vegan butter and no sugar:) And yes, our dining table is also our desk.



"And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate