Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fail

So, as you can tell by my blog, I love to try healthy recipes and making healthier substitutions. Well, I tried this again today...and it was a total fail. I mean ew! I made this recipe, but I substituted plain yogurt for the oil, and they turned out just like a sponge! Tyndale (my 18 mo old) even spit it out! Sigh. Oh well, you win some, you lose some:) I hate to throw them away, but I promise you...I won't be eating them.

Also in light of my post's title, I've been thinking about all the ways I fail lately. I'm not the best mom I could be. I'm not the best wife I could be. I'm not the best friend I could be. I'm not the best pastor's wife I could be. I'm not the best me I could be.

And then I remembered.

It's not about me.

It's about letting Jesus work in me to be the best picture of HIM I can be!

I suppose I've been feeling a little down lately. To be honest I think it's because every time I get a new hospital bill I'm reminded all over again about our miscarriage and almost bleeding to death (thank you Lord for blood donors!). I'm trying to remind myself that I shouldn't be viewing that experience negatively, but I should be viewing it through God's eyes. He has greater plans than I can imagine and I must trust Him. When I am trusting Him, I'm not failing, I'm thriving. His Word is the light to my path, but lately I've not been letting it sink in. So, I'm sorry for letting obstacles cloud my vision and I promise to continue this journey to be a faithful female in this world of faithless people. Are you with me???

Phil 1:3-11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate